Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Week 1 in Review

College football got off to a great start this past weekend, and this upcoming weekend looks even better with Miami-Ohio State, Florida State-Oklahoma, and Alabama-Penn State.

I was happy to see that Boise State- Virginia Tech on Monday night was such a great game. I feel like more football fans, and sports fans in general, watched it because there was no Monday Night Football. I felt like it was a great showcase for college football and I'm glad the game was so competitive.

As far as my predictions. I went 10-1. Ok, so a lot of the games were predicatable. I did not expect Michigan to have such an impressive showing over a respectable Connecticut team. Michigan-Notre Dame should be a great game this weekend, pitting two programs trying to revive themselves.

Oregon won their game 72-0 without star tailback LaMichael James. Holy Smoke! The Ducks and their dangerous offense travel to Tennesse this week.

I was happy with the Northwestern win, but at the same time I expected more from the run game. I hope they can really put the petal to the floor this weekend against FCS opponent Illinois State.
I was cheering for Hawaii to beat USC at home, and it could have definitely happened. The Warriors scored 36 points and were a few plays of pulling in even with USC, who won 49-36. USC, despite its off-season of turmoil, is still ranked, and can with the AP National Championship with an undefeated season. Still 36 points to Hawaii? USC plays Virginia this week, and it will be interesting to see if last week's defensive performance becomes the norm or the exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment