Sunday, November 28, 2010

Blog Housekeeping Issues: One Year Later

Just about a year ago, I started my own blog, The Friedman Focus, mostly as a diversion from writing my senior thesis and as a way to write about my thoughts and opinions on certain issues. When I started the blog, I chose not to limit my blogging to a particular subject. Over the course of the past year, I've blogged about a lot of issues, from school politics to shopping to local news. However, I have decided to take the blog in a new direction. For those of you who know me personally, one of the things I am most passionate about is college sports, which is one of the things I feel that I can write about with ease.

This past weekend, at my grandmother's 75th birthday party, I ran into my cousin Lee, who has started her own blog, College Foodie Finds, where she blogs about healthy eating choices geared towards college students (check it out, I recommend it). In talking about blogging, Lee pointed out how she writes a blog post once or twice a day. After thinking about the mission of my blog, I've decided to just focus on college sports instead of focusing on broad topics. I'm going to try to post a news or opinion topic about college sports daily. Also, you may have noticed the new design of the blog.

On to year two!

No comments:

Post a Comment