Tuesday, July 13, 2010

All Star Game thoughts

*I liked how FOX opened with the Steinbrenner tribute. It was a very good piece and shows that they were able to adapt on the fly with the news of George Steinbrenner's passing today.
*The player introductions are one of my favorite parts of the All-Star game and their were huge cheers for the Angels two players, Jered Weaver and Torri Hunter, as well as their manager. Red Sox and Yankees players received lots of boos. One Yankee All-star, Mariano Rivera was not in attendance even though he wasn't planning to pitch, but should've been there.
*Ichiro got a ton of applause as did former Angel Vladimir Guerrero
*As Cliff Lee was introduced, I thought of how it's probably the first time a lot of people have seen him in a Rangers uniform since his trade from the Mariners.
*I hadn't heard of Glee's Amber Riley (I don't watch the show) but she did a good job singing.
*The AL lineup was stacked; Joe Mauer (3x batting champ) batting 7th, Cano batting 8th!
*Derek Jeter's recorded introduction from the late Bob. Sheppard was awesome.
*Did I mention there's great pitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment